Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Never Experience Right Now

We See Into the Future

As most of you know, I'm kinda obsessed with time travel and it's subsidiaries. I feel the above article fits within this realm.

"It takes a tenth of a second for visual information to get from your eyes to your brain, so everyone has the ability to predict what’s going to happen a tenth of a second into the future."

It got me thinking...do we ever experience "right now"? Like, what is happening at this very moment. You have to consider the whole notion of "time" and what it is, who or what rules it, and how we perceive it. I think about it for a while and scare myself to death with all the questions and ideas that come up. I guess our sense of touch is in "real-time" but there is still a delay (however many milliseconds exists).

Furthermore, as this article suggests, we don't really see what is happening now, our brain "predicts" what is going to happen. Does this mean, on some weird and cosmic level, that our fate is predetermined? Wowzers!

Phew, I have to take a breather.

No comments: